Home Forums Hadoop Administration inside hadoop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ProTechSkills
    Keymaster

rbw & finalized :- these two folders can be accessed in current folder and i have displayed the path below to access these folders together with a snapshot but the snapshot cannot be attached here. /opt/hadoop-2.2.0/hadoop_data/dfs/data/current/BP-174926896-192.168.56.101-1421062259327/current
    here in /finalized folder subdir61(folder)and many more subdir folders which are empty and blk_1073741837 blk_1073741837_1013.meta (metadata of the data stored in hdfs) there are many other metadata files in the finalized folder these are metadata of the data stored in hdfs and pls reply on this content so as to give more detailed and right information.
    i dont know about the /rbw folder but i am surprised that this folder is empty.why this is empty i really dont know but if someone knows about it please mention here.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ProTechSkills.
    ProTechSkills
    Keymaster

I Guess these folders are there as part of Replication process,

>”rbw” sub directory to DataNode to persist RBW (ReplicaBeingWritten), RWR(ReplicaWaitingToBeRecovered), and RUR(ReplicaUnderRecovery) replicas.

The directory “current” has two subdirs:

“finalized” has all finalized replicas and
    “rbw” has all replicas being written to.

> when datanode restarts, it reads replicas under “finalized” and add them to the replicasMap as FinalizedReplica.

> It also reads replicas under “rbw” and adds them to the replicasMap as ReplicaWaitingToBeRecovered with its length set to be the number of bytes that match its crc.

More we should ask the champion : SHREY…. Where are you man????

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.